Skip to main content

Frequently Asked

About Martine Law

Which areas do you serve?

  • St. Paul
  • Minnetonka
  • Bloomington
  • St. Louis Park
  • Brooklyn Park
  • Maplewood
  • Plymouth
  • Richfield
  • Lakeville
  • Roseville
  • Blaine
  • Inver Grove Heights
  • Maple Grove
  • Brooklyn Center
  • St. Cloud
  • Shoreview
  • Eagan
  • Rosemount
  • Burnsville
  • Chanhassen
  • Eden Prairie
  • White Bear Lake
  • Apple Valley
  • Farmington
  • Edina
  • Lino Lakes
  • Fridley
  • Mankato
  • Chaska
  • Isanti
  • Cambridge
  • Litchfield
  • Rochester
  • Savage
  • Elk River
  • Big Lake
  • Waseca
  • Buffalo
  • Champlin (Incl. Hassan Township)
  • New Brighton
  • Mounds View
  • Crystal
  • Vadnais Heights
  • Golden Valley
  • North St. Paul
  • Hastings
  • Mendota Heights
  • New Hope
  • Little Canada
  • West St. Paul
  • Arden Hills
  • Northfield
  • Mound
  • South St. Paul
  • St. Anthony
  • Sartell
  • Minnetrista
  • Hopkins
  • Waite Park
  • Robbinsdale
  • Dayton
  • Rogers
  • Lake Elmo
  • Coon Rapids
  • Andover
  • Carver
  • Red Wing
  • Hutchinson
  • Faribault
  • Shakopee
  • Prior Lake
  • Jordan
  • Richmond
  • Owatonna

What is the process of working with Martine Law?

When you work with our team at Martine Law, the first step you’ll take is to call us to speak to an Intake Specialist. Then, we’ll discuss your situation and desired outcomes, and determine if we can help. If we’re a good fit, we’ll fight to get you the best results possible for your criminal defense or family law case.

Criminal Defense

What should I do if I've been arrested or charged with a crime in Minnesota?

Be respectful and comply with law enforcement’s orders, but exercise your right to remain silent. Do not speak with law enforcement without a lawyer present. The most important thing to do is to call a lawyer immediately. An experienced criminal defense counsel can protect your rights and guide you through the legal process.

What types of criminal cases does Martine Law handle in Minnesota?

Martine Law handles a wide range of criminal cases, including but not limited to DWI, drug offenses, assault, domestic violence, theft, sex crimes, murder, expungements, and more.

Can Martine Law help with expunging my criminal record in Minnesota?

Yes, Martine Law can guide you through the process of expunging your criminal record in Minnesota under certain circumstances. Expungement can help individuals move forward with their lives by sealing or erasing records of past criminal charges or convictions, removing barriers to employment, housing, and education.

Will I have to go to trial for my criminal case in Minnesota?

Not necessarily. Our first goal is always to examine the situation and determine if we can get your case dismissed. When dismissal is not possible, many criminal cases are resolved through negotiations with prosecutors, plea bargains, or alternative sentencing options. However, if going to trial is in your best interest, Martine Law will provide vigorous representation in court.

How do I choose the right criminal defense attorney for my case?

When choosing a criminal defense attorney, you need to find a lawyer with significant experience in the type of charge you’re facing, a track record of success, and an open communication style. Martine Law offers a team of dedicated attorneys with a proven record of achieving favorable outcomes for clients.

What constitutes a felony charge in Minnesota?

In Minnesota, felony charges are serious criminal offenses that carry significant penalties. Felonies are typically crimes that involve more serious harm to individuals or property, such as murder, sexual assault, robbery, or drug trafficking.

Family Law

What types of family law cases does Martine Law handle?

Our family law attorneys handle a wide range of cases involving family-related issues. These include divorce, child custody and visitation, property division, and more.

How can a family law attorney assist with divorce proceedings?

A family law attorney can assist with divorce proceedings by providing legal advice, representing you in court, and helping you navigate the complexities of the divorce process. They can help with filing necessary documents, negotiating settlements, and ensuring that your rights and interests are protected throughout the process.

What should I consider when seeking child custody arrangements?

When seeking child custody arrangements, it’s important to consider the best interests of the child. This includes factors like the child’s physical and emotional needs, the stability of each parent’s home environment, and the ability of each parent to provide care. A family law attorney can help you understand the legal standards and work towards an arrangement that supports your child’s well-being.

What should I do if I need to modify an existing family court order?

If you need to modify an existing family court order, such as those related to child custody or visitation, our family law attorneys can help. We can assist in filing a motion to modify the order and represent you in court to demonstrate that a significant change in circumstances warrants the modification. This could include changes in income, relocation, or changes in the needs of a child.

How is property divided in a Minnesota divorce?

In Minnesota, property division during a divorce follows the principle of “equitable distribution.” This means that marital property is divided fairly, though not necessarily equally. Factors considered include the length of the marriage, each spouse’s economic circumstances, contributions to the marital estate (including homemaking), and future needs. Non-marital property (property acquired before the marriage or through inheritance or gift) is typically not divided.

“I got into a lot of trouble a few years back. Xavier Martine was fantastic, both inside the courtroom and out. He kept me out of jail and allowed me a path to get my life back on track.”

Tyler Z.

“Top-notch law firm in the Twin Cities. Fair and knowledgeable. If you need legal assistance, you need to contact them.”

Clarence P.

Send us a message:

    Type of Case:

    Stay Informed With Our Bi-weekly Newsletter

    Subscribe Now